Does the content of my subject line have an impact on the deliverability? 2 Email Newsletter Templates, 6 Increasing Response and conversion
In a word – YES!
Many ISP spam filters will review your email content & subject line to determine if it is spam. Although there is no magic rule or formula that you can follow to ensure emails are delivered to the inbox, you can review these tips and recommendations.
1) Keep your subject line between 35 and 50 characters long – the longer it is the more chance it will be branded as spam. In Toddle Newsletter Templates the subject line of your newsletter is entered on the ‘Edit your Header’ area as shown in the below image:
2) Try not to use all capitalized letters as your subject line
3) Avoid spelling errors or HTML in your subject line
4) Try not to use links such as ‘Click Here’ or spammy type words such as money, cash, free etc.
5) Avoid attachments in your newsletter. Recipients are typically cautious of viruses and malicious email attachments. Consider creating links to files via a website URL instead.
6) Minimize the use of bold text, red font, exclamation points (!!!), questions marks (?) and symbols like $ € £ @