Use Twitter to tell you when to send your Email Newsletter Advanced, Email Marketing, Email Newsletter Templates, Email Statistics, Email Tracking, Ezine, Increasing Response, Sending Newsletters, Testing
You can get vastly different results from your email newsletter depending on what day and time you send it.
Guesswork, testing different times/days and carefully monitoring your email stats is normally the best way to find out but i have a great shortcut for you…Twitter!
This is how you do it.
- First, go to http://search.twitter.com and type in a few keywords related to your industry. In this example the marketing manager of a hotel wants to target people looking for ‘hotels in Dublin’. This search shows all the people on Twitter talking about and looking for Hotels in Dublin.
- Twitter very nicely gives you an RSS feed of these results in the top right hand corner. Copy the URL of this link.
- If you have not already, sign up for a Google reader account.
- Click the ADD A SUBSCRIPTION button in Google reader. Then paste in the URL of the Twitter RSS feed.
- Click SHOW DETAILS in the top right corner and you will see a blank graph. After a few days this will show some fantastic data on what day of the week, month and time that people where talking about “Hotels in Dublin”.
- This is a great time to send out an email offer about Hotels in Dublin.
Tell us how you normally find the best time to send your email?
Thanks to Chris S Penn for this great tip.